Friday, October 25, 2002

It's been a couple weeks since I started getting rare random crashes of Groove Workspace on my machine. According to MoonlightGroove (moderator of Groove support forums) this is one of those problems that just would not happen in their lab.


Having shipped 8 software products in my life I can relate to the pain support and development teams experience in trying to hunt down those kinds of problems. So I'm now installing patches, running Groove in debugger, sending call stacks and memory dumps to Groove Support and waiting catch that rare crash. The point is, if you care about a product - help its developers to help you.


MoonlightGroove announced yesterday that the latest patch release 2.1b fixes some of the crashes.


As an added bonus, I found activation code for Groove Professional Edition in my in-box this morning as a birthday gift from MoonlightGroove. What a wonderful surprise!